A dream doesn't become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Saturday 14 June 2014

Kenyans, don’t be misled by false prophets among us

EKAKORO

It is so funny sometimes, how we choose to be misled. Funny because many are times we do things we wouldn’t have done, but because “The man of God” said it, then it is right.

I have personally encountered this. And I can boldly say, that there are false prophets within us, and if we are not careful, we’ll blindly follow their leading, follow what they say even when it is contrary to the word of God.

I remember an encounter with many pastors, who were doing it professionally, not as a call, but as a means of earning a living. They would prophesy and call for prayers to prevent the danger they saw ahead. These prayers cost thousands of money(huh! talk of prayer bills, I paid them a great deal). There cars had to be fueled or their transport taken care of. Then a seed had to be planted. And a review had to be done, to find out what God was saying, and the cost of prayer exclusive. It is so funny, this happens, just in case you were not aware. It happened to me so I could let the world know, I thank God.

I remember a “man of God” who had me swim in Lake Nakuru in the name of washing away sickness, because that is what God said to Him. I risked being attacked by a hipo, all thanks to God who saved me. I can’t even understand to date, how that came about. I just followed what the man of God said. And now that I know by Christ’s stripes I WAS healed, I forgive him. I forgive them.

You see stories everywhere of “men of God” who do unspeakable things. An acquaintance shared a story where her pastor needed them to be alone, in a hotel room, so he could show her ”another higher level of Grace.” What happened after is a lesson every lady must learn from, that even the “men of God” have blood flowing through their veins, they are just human anyway. Don’t be misled.

So why did I decide to write about this?

My bible family(thelafamily.org) is reading through the book of Kings. In 1Kings 13 we meet one man of God who was later misled by a false prophet. This cost the man of God his life, because he chose to listen to the prophet rather than God.

I find it very practical to us, the believers of today.People do wrong and crazy things just because their pastor said so. Listen to your pastor, follow them; but my advice to you today, If at all what they say is contrary to what God says, don’t do it. Follow God’s leading. Do not be misled friend.

I leave you today with these;

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.” Jesus

By Liz Ekakoro

Elizabeth Ekakoro is a Kenyan student in Ukraine 

The opinion and views expressed on this page are purely of the originating writer and do not reflect the opinions and views of JAMBONEWSPOT.COM. The writings and views are solely those of the writer(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment