A dream doesn't become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thursday 9 July 2015

African Fashion Week in Oxford

Laure sylvie Loutala M'polo
Laure sylvie Loutala M'polo
Staff Nurse at Oxford Sexual Health Clinic
On 7/1/15,

Dear Sir / Madame

My name is Laure, I am writing to you to request funding and support to launch the first Afro Fashion Week in Oxford this October.

I have been living in Oxford since 1998 and I have seen the growth of the African community. We all have heard about Oxford Fashion week but not about African Fashion Week? 

Last year I organised a Fashion show in oxford at the Oxford Golf Club which successfully showcased Established Italian designers (Domar, Lavinia and Purse) From Napoli. The show raised large amount of money for Cancer Research UK (£ 638) in addition it proved to be an exciting and stimulating event which brought publicity to our numerous sponsors and a great deal of joy to our community.

This year the idea is to launch our first annual Afro Fashion Week Oxford, to showcase African designers from fashion graduates, established designers, and cutting edge artists and so on in the best venues around Oxford.

I have always been a Fashionista and I have loved the fashion industry for as long as I can remember. Oxford does not have an Afro fashion Week but has a large African community with a large cultural heritance. I want Oxford to celebrate African in fashion. So let’s get together and make it happen.

I have found many local designers who would love to join me for week of spectacular fashion show and exhibition. They see it as an opportunity to celebrate their fashion heritance and to show their work to the heart of their city. 


The aims of the Fashion show is:


· To Celebrate African fashion culture in our community

· To celebrate the work of African and African inspired designers and dressmaker in oxford to involve the local community and give everyone a taste African fashion 

· To enable the community to connect with African culture through their designs 

· To increase opportunities for communities to set up organisations that represents and responds to their interests and needs where none currently exist. 

· A great source of knowledge for improving one's fashion sense and sharing.

· A fun way to raise money for charity

I would be grateful if you would consider supporting our event launch with broadcasting 


If you have any question with regard to my request, please feel free to contact me, I can meet you in person. 


Tel: 07 947 559 521

Email: lloutala@outlook.com or oxfordafw@outlook.com



Thanking you for your consideration,

No comments:

Post a Comment