A dream doesn't become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thursday 7 March 2013

OPEN letter to RAILA ODINGA by an ardent ODM supporter


Dear Raila Amolo Odinga,

RE : OPEN LETTER TO RAILA AMOLO ODINGA

I , citizen number 25272613 ,has been your ardent supporter for a while now. I voted for you in 2007. In my heart of hearts I believe you won then. Unfortunately, I don't have that feeling this time round.

As a student of statistics, I humbly read the trends of what the numbers are saying and sincerely the writing is on the wall. We may want to see things not as they are but as we are and that will be a bad intellectual mistake. I know you have urged us to keep hope alive. Sometimes however, we have to admit that the pulse is no more and we know better than torture hope.

I urge you to graciously concede that we fought a good fight but that the good was not good enough. This thing is not worth us spilling blood for; again. Let me take this opportunity to congratulate our 4th President elect of the Republic of Kenya, Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta. You are going to be the president of all of us. Your supporters or otherwise. Keep that in mind.

Meanwhile, Mr Raila, this is your opportune time to become our very own Nelson Mandela and show us your real democratic credentials by giving up your personal ambitions for the sake of this country I know you love very much.
Fate may have it that you were poised to be more powerful than the thin boundaries of the 'presidency' may have accorded you. May God grant you wisdom to take the road less taken. Your humble supporter, with much sadness but with renewed hope that Kenya is bigger than you and I.

Nyakundi Jay.

cc: All CORD supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment